- Best banana bread recipe really is
- Yo Sushi is Good, but Yo Nacho is a Problem
- New York Cult Recipes: Cookbook Review
- Downsizing, or Why I Buy Ben & Jerry’s, Where a Pint is a Pint is a Pint
- Do Most Plug-in Grilled Cheese Makers Stink?
- Caramel in a Pinch
- The CSA Experience: Part 6
- The CSA Experience: Part 5
What do you want to see?
Tag Archives: scary food
SPAM may be an acronym for shoulder pork and ham, or spiced ham, depending upon which resource you consult. Hormel indicates that Spam Classic (I love that) is made from “pork with ham, salt [I’ll say!], water, potato starch, sugar, and sodium … Continue reading
Over the years I’ve collected a number of interesting old cookbooks, many from the 1940’s through the 1970’s, a time when convenience foods, casseroles and cocktail party appetizers were all the rage. Recipes in these retro cookbooks are often scary. … Continue reading
I busted out two pink aspics today. I’ve been hooked on aspics for some time now. I’ve always loved them and, since I collect cookbooks, I come across lots of them in books from the 1930s through the 1960s – … Continue reading
My father is in a coma and I spent the day glued to his bedside in a reclining chair with a string of Christmas lights on over his bed. He loves Christmas lights. The nursing supervisor, who is very nice, … Continue reading