- Best banana bread recipe really is
- Yo Sushi is Good, but Yo Nacho is a Problem
- New York Cult Recipes: Cookbook Review
- Downsizing, or Why I Buy Ben & Jerry’s, Where a Pint is a Pint is a Pint
- Do Most Plug-in Grilled Cheese Makers Stink?
- Caramel in a Pinch
- The CSA Experience: Part 6
- The CSA Experience: Part 5
What do you want to see?
Yearly Archives: 2012
Mushy peas, a British standard, is overlooked here in the US. Comforting and easy to make, the dish works well as a side to something crispy, like fish & chips (surprise!) or fried chicken. While the authentic version is made from marrowfat peas — … Continue reading
Some of my friends laugh when I tell them about Grocery Outlet (2001 Fourth Street, Berkeley). They think it’s downmarket. Fine with me, because that gives me, and other serious food people, less competition for the all the high-end and otherwise … Continue reading
I buy a significant amount of my “stuff” at Costco, but now and then I do come up with a problem product. Not often, but once every few years. Here are two products I won’t buy: Kirkland brand Environmentally Friendly … Continue reading
The holidays are over. Although I have several marzipan pigs and some cranberry sparklers hanging around, everything else is a memory. The turkey. The New York strip roast. Many cheeses. The creamed spinach and Yorkshire pudding. God knows how many … Continue reading