- Best banana bread recipe really is
- Yo Sushi is Good, but Yo Nacho is a Problem
- New York Cult Recipes: Cookbook Review
- Downsizing, or Why I Buy Ben & Jerry’s, Where a Pint is a Pint is a Pint
- Do Most Plug-in Grilled Cheese Makers Stink?
- Caramel in a Pinch
- The CSA Experience: Part 6
- The CSA Experience: Part 5
What do you want to see?
Monthly Archives: August 2009
Although I buy most of my cheese at Costco (my Costco has an amazing selection of cheeses) and Trader Joe’s, where the prices are low and you can buy small amounts, which you cannot do at Costco, I’ll pick up … Continue reading
If you want to get a little smoke flavor into your fresh salmon before grilling or sauteing, you can do it with Lapsang Souchong tea. Lapsang Souchong is a black tea from China’s Fijian province that is dried over burning pine. … Continue reading
Trays of bacon in the kitchen mean only one thing: Jon is here. Yes, I don’t use a frying pan. I blast it in the oven at 400 deg. F. (convection), turning it over once during the process. I don’t want … Continue reading
I caught an episode of Diary of a Foodie from 2007 (Season 1: Contraband Cuisine) the other day, and Ruth Reichl provided a recipe for imitation foie gras that she spoke highly of. Since I don’t eat foie gras (French … Continue reading