Brussels sprouts were eaten here today. You hate ’em, I know. In cooking school I was told that 50% of the U.S. population dislikes this entire vegetable family, which includes cabbage and broccoli. I can report that the four people living in this house are not included in that 50%. There have been some studies indicating that pregnant women who eat from this group of veggies may pass along a liking to their offspring. This would explain the four of us. Apparently there is a bitter taste there that some people just can’t get past and others either don’t taste or don’t perceive as negative. I think it adds to the fun when you have a chance to buy Brussels sprouts on the stalk. It’s fun to see where food actually comes from.
- Best banana bread recipe really is
- Yo Sushi is Good, but Yo Nacho is a Problem
- New York Cult Recipes: Cookbook Review
- Downsizing, or Why I Buy Ben & Jerry’s, Where a Pint is a Pint is a Pint
- Do Most Plug-in Grilled Cheese Makers Stink?
- Caramel in a Pinch
- The CSA Experience: Part 6
- The CSA Experience: Part 5
What do you want to see?