Chinese breakfast at Daimo this morning, which is a real treat. Up until 11 a.m. they serve a “one from A, one from B” type of meal for about $6. You get your choice of congee, which is a thick, savory rice porridge – a whole, big bowl of it, the kind you get when you order it a la carte. Then you select an item from the other list, which, in my case, is always the sticky rice pork dumpling. I wrote about this last year but had no photos, which I am correcting here. If you ate all that rice you would die, I think, so it is best to share the congee. I refuse to share the pork dumpling because whenever I do, I am guaranteed to lose the salted duck egg that’s in there. Never again. Do I really need to tell you that Daimo is just outside Pacific East Mall on Pierce Street in Richmond?
- Best banana bread recipe really is
- Yo Sushi is Good, but Yo Nacho is a Problem
- New York Cult Recipes: Cookbook Review
- Downsizing, or Why I Buy Ben & Jerry’s, Where a Pint is a Pint is a Pint
- Do Most Plug-in Grilled Cheese Makers Stink?
- Caramel in a Pinch
- The CSA Experience: Part 6
- The CSA Experience: Part 5
What do you want to see?