The akitachow pack is moving to a much bigger house soon. Given that my cooking paraphernalia, cookbooks and teapot collection are crammed into a 930 square foot bungalow right now, this is A Very Good Thing. No more moving 20 clay pots to get the correct one out for congee! No 300 crashing lids when I take out the sauté pan living under those lids! Room for a 36-inch gas range! OK, so the kitchen is decorated in two God-awful and clashing designs of flecked, dark brown ceramic tile, but who really cares when you can have a BIG-ASS GAS RANGE. It is amazing, though, that a person paid to have those tiles installed. Actually selected them for a recent kitchen renovation. Two different designs of dark brown for an already-dark space. Tiles are already a problem for me since I won’t have a smooth work surface, but I would really rather not need 3-D glasses to enter the room.
- Best banana bread recipe really is
- Yo Sushi is Good, but Yo Nacho is a Problem
- New York Cult Recipes: Cookbook Review
- Downsizing, or Why I Buy Ben & Jerry’s, Where a Pint is a Pint is a Pint
- Do Most Plug-in Grilled Cheese Makers Stink?
- Caramel in a Pinch
- The CSA Experience: Part 6
- The CSA Experience: Part 5
What do you want to see?