My mom was over today and the three of us needed a lift in the afternoon so we headed to Chevy’s in Emeryville (1800 Powell Street) It’s a nice place on the water with an after-work margarita and beer vibe and the whole Mexican theme going on. Chevy’s is a small chain with decent food. They pride themselves on their “no cans” policy, but I’ve never had the nerve to ask about jars. I always get the tortilla soup, chock full of chicken, corm, tortilla strips and fresh avocado in a rich chicken-based broth. Since Chevy’s keeps the warm nachos and salsa flowing, you can make a meal out of this soup by crumbling additional nachos into it as you go.
- Best banana bread recipe really is
- Yo Sushi is Good, but Yo Nacho is a Problem
- New York Cult Recipes: Cookbook Review
- Downsizing, or Why I Buy Ben & Jerry’s, Where a Pint is a Pint is a Pint
- Do Most Plug-in Grilled Cheese Makers Stink?
- Caramel in a Pinch
- The CSA Experience: Part 6
- The CSA Experience: Part 5
What do you want to see?