Hooray! Steven arrived in Binghamton today to spend a week with us. The first place he wanted to hit was a diner, so we took him to the Park, at 119 Conklin Avenue, right on the water. This is somewhat of an upscale diner, with floor to ceiling windows that look out onto the Susquehanna river. It was late, so there were slim pickens, but Steven ordered the chopped steak with onions and I had a cheese omelet with home fries. Matt chose the fried fish special. The standout: the home fries. They were sublime, all brown and crispy with bits of caramelized onion. If you don’t know what to order at a diner, the breakfast is usually a good bet. The one annoyance was the ladies’ room – which was a single stall affair! For such a huge place this is crazy. Maybe there are additional rest rooms elsewhere, but I could not find them.
- Best banana bread recipe really is
- Yo Sushi is Good, but Yo Nacho is a Problem
- New York Cult Recipes: Cookbook Review
- Downsizing, or Why I Buy Ben & Jerry’s, Where a Pint is a Pint is a Pint
- Do Most Plug-in Grilled Cheese Makers Stink?
- Caramel in a Pinch
- The CSA Experience: Part 6
- The CSA Experience: Part 5
What do you want to see?